Monday, April 25, 2011

Creepy or Cool?

I was driving home from Easter dinner last night and saw this in a nearby neighborhood... 
I dropped the family off, drove back and took a picture.   

I love that someone nearby took the time and had the interest enough to dress these two up for the holiday.  The attention to pretty details is what made me smile.

Yes, yes, I realize this might rub some people the wrong way.  My grandma used to put knit caps on her statues of children. As a child, I loved it. As an adult, I still do. Although, I do cross  the line at raincoats on duck statues.  I have hesitated dressing up my own statues in my yard.  I have however, put witches hats on the heads of my statues INSIDE my house at Halloween.  Was this something old people with nothing but time on their hands did?  Would I look crazy old if I did this?  I realize after seeing these two, there really are no rules as to how you decorate them and dagnabit, they bring a smile to my face every time.  

I should have made bunny ears.  My grade school age children would have loved it too.  So would my dogs.  They'd rip them off and shred the ears in 10 seconds flat.  

I drove further through the 'hood and promptly ran into this one.
I smiled wider knowing this person made multiple efforts to reach even more people with her visions of Bunniness.

Yes the gnomey looking guy is creepy, buck teeth and all, but somehow, the ears make him more approachable.  Is this an uber cute idea or does it creep you out?  

No comments: